Updated on 2020-02-16
Stan Group (Holdings) Limited (“Stan Group”) recognizes and understands that customers and website visitors are concerned about the privacy of information. All personal data collected is handled with strict confidentiality.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
The types of Personal Data collected from you will depend on the specific type of services and products as requested by, or provided to, you. The types of Personal Data may include (without limitation) the following:
- personal information such as name, gender and date of birth;
- contact information such as telephone numbers, mailing addresses, email addresses and fax numbers;
- business information such as company name, business title and associated contact information;
- interests, personal reference or comments.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computers, mobile phones or other devices through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate Stan Group’s website(s) or mobile application(s), while others are used to enable a faster log-in process, or to allow us to store and track information about your interests and preferences at Stan Group’s website(s) or mobile application(s).
We may also engage third parties to track and analyse non-personally identifiable data from the website(s) or mobile application(s). We use the data collected by such third parties to help us administer and improve the quality of Stan Group’s website(s) or mobile application(s) and to analyse usage of the same. Such third parties may combine the information that we provide about you with other information that they have collected. You can edit your browser settings to disable cookies but to do so you may not be able to utilize certain functionality of the website(s) of Stan Group.
We may also collect information regarding your IP address, browser type, domain name and access time. This information is used for Stan Group’s research purposes. This is unrelated to and separate from your personal data. In rare instances, IP addresses may be used to assist in deterring and/or preventing abusive or criminal activity on the website.
If you interact with Stan Group on social media platforms (for example if you “Like” Stan Group’s Facebook page), Stan Group can interact with you and send you messages via these platforms. Stan Group will interact with you in accordance with the social media platform’s rules but we are not responsible for how the platform operators collect and handle your personal data. We are not responsible for what third parties post on our social media accounts.
MAIN PURPOSE AND USES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
The purposes for which your Personal Data are collected and used may include (without limitation) one or more of the following purposes:
- for the supply of any services, products, facilities and/or other subjects (together, the “Services”) which we or any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, joint ventures and associated companies may offer to you, or you may require from us, from time to time;
- with your consent, for marketing or promoting any of the Services of Stan Group (e.g. sending you updates on our latest offers and promotions in relation to any of our Services from time to time);
- with your consent, for promoting and soliciting donations or contributions for charitable or non-profit making causes;
- for sale or purchase of any of the Services of Stan Group and/or for management or other related services;
- for identification and verification purposes in connection with any of the Services that may be supplied to you;
- for communicating with you by email, mail, fax, phone or other means, including contacting you regarding your enquiries;
- for daily operation and administration including but not limited to account creation and maintenance;
- for monitoring and analysing usage of its services, products, mobile application(s) and/or website(s) (as the case maybe) to help the further development and improvement of its services, products, mobile application(s) and/or website(s);
- for research and development in relation to customer behaviour;
- for making disclosures when required by law, regulation, or court order of any jurisdiction and/or as requested by any government, regulatory or law enforcement authority or administrative organisation, which may be within or outside The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (“Hong Kong”);
ACCESS AND TRANSFER OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
Only our authorized staffs are permitted to access our collected information which may consist of personal data in our database. To facilitate the purposes mentioned under ” MAIN PURPOSE AND USES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED”, we may transfer, disclose, grant access to or share your Personal Data with third parties located within or outside Hong Kong, and your Personal Data may be transferred within or outside Hong Kong. These third parties may include the following:
- any member of Stan Group, its parent company, subsidiaries;
- medical professionals, clinics, hospitals, insurers and/or loss adjustors;
- any person, government or law enforcement authority or administrative organisation; any person under a duty of confidentiality to any member of Stan Group (including accountants, legal advisers or other advisers);
- The Personal Data you provide to us may also be sourced from or transferred to other jurisdictions outside Hong Kong for the purposes mentioned above.
any agent, contractor or third-party service provider who provides administrative, distribution, data processing, telemarketing, telecommunications, computer, or other services to or support the operation of Stan Group Group’s business (including its/their direct marketing activities);
actual or proposed assignee or purchaser of all or any part of the business and/or asset of Stan Group; and/or charitable or non-profit marking organisations.
If we intend to use your Personal Data (including your name and contact details) collected from you for direct marketing purposes (e.g. to send you marketing communications about news, offers or promotions in relation to the Services or Activities of Stan Group), we will first obtain your consent (or an indication of no objection) before doing so.
If we intend to provide your Personal Data (including your name and contact details) collected from you to third parties for their use in direct marketing, we will first obtain your consent (or an indication of no objection) before doing so.
You may opt-out from receiving marketing communications from us at any time, free of charge by:
- following the opt-out instructions contained in the communications, or
- write to us at the address listed in “HOW TO ACCESS OR CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA OR CONTACT US”.
THRID PARTY WEBSITES
HOW TO ACCESS OR CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA OR CONTACT US
You are entitled to access or correct any Personal Data relating to you held by us. If you wish to obtain a copy of any of your Personal Data or if you believe that the Personal Data relating to you which we collect and maintain is inaccurate, please write to us at the address below.
A request for access to Personal Data, correction of Personal Data, or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of Personal Data held by Stan Group may be sent to us at the following address:
Stan Group (Holdings) Limited
8/F, 1163 Canton Road,
Kowloon, Hong Kong
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Stan Group will retain your Personal Data for a period no longer than necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which they are or are to be used. If you are a subscriber of Stan Group services, your personal data will be retained for a reasonable period after termination of your subscription for verification and audit purposes. The above is subject to any legal, statutory, regulatory or accounting requirements.
CHANGES TO THE POLICY
This Policy may be amended from time to time. Any changes to this Policy will be posted to our website. Any changes of Policy will be effective upon posting of the revised Policy on the website. Use of the website following such changes indicate your acceptance of the revised Policy.
This Policy shall be construed in accordance with the laws of The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong Courts.
This Policy is written in English and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any inconsistencies between the English version and the other translated versions of this Policy, the English version shall prevail.